From 6pm to 12 midnight Friday, the City Traffic Operations Management (Citom) will temporarily close 12 downtown roads for the Gabii Sa Kabilin activity.
Citom has warned motorists to avoid the downtown area tonight because the roads will be closed. Some PUJ routes will also be shortened for six hours.
Re-routing will be impleneted in these areas:
– E. Aboitiz St./Lopez Jaena St., from Mabini St. up to M.J. Cuenco Ave.)
– Mabini St. (from corner Bonifacio St. up to Urdaneta St.)
– Ballesteros St. (from Bonifacio St. up to E. Aboitiz St.)
– P. Burgos St. (From Urdaneta St. up to M. C. Briones St.)
– Colon St. (from D. Jakosalem St. up to Mabini St.)
– Osmeña Blvd. (From D. Jakosalem St. to M.J. Cuenco Ave.)
Below is the traffic re-routing to be implemented by Citom:
1. All vehicles that traverse along Colon St. coming from Pelaez St. including public utility jeepneys (PUJ’s) shall turn right or turn left to D. Jakosalem St. All PUJs bound for SM shall turn left to D. Jakosalem St., right turn to Imus Road, go straight to Imus New Road, then to their point of destination.
2. All vehicles including PUJs coming from Sikatuna St. bound for Colon St. shall turn right to Zamora St., to Sanciangko St. or right turn to D. Jakosalem St., then to their point of destination.
3. All vehicles that traverse along Isagani St. shall turn left to Mabini St., then to their point of destination.
4. All public utility jeepneys (PUJs) bound for SM/North Reclamation Area to traverse along Junquera St., while passing along P. del Rosario St. shall go straight to Imus St., right turn to Sikatuna St., left turn to T. Padilla St., then to their point of destination. – CebuHeadlines.com